Maryland Science Center graduate students have found that the info packet will help you lose weight, increases your IQ by 25 points, improves your gas mileage and answers most of your deepest municipal questions. Think…Dr. Phil meets Bill Nye the Science Guy at City Hall.
It’s an extremely well done package. In it you will find answers to many of your municipal questions, including:
- Where is the big red button? Or what to do when the Mayor declares a city emergency?
- Do you live on an emergency route? (How to avoid the magic tow fairy.)
- When is your recycling, trash and bulk pick-up day? (Learn about our year-end special pick-up for unruly children, unemployed teens, and nagging spouses.)
- What to do with your used Christmas tree? (Please see the story of how the angel got on top of the tree.)
- Lawns, how high is too high? Or when you should cut your grass? (Code enforcement officer Pat Walsh gives you his thoughts on the challenges of meadow gardening in Laurel.)
- How to get rid of hazardous waste? (No, hauling it out to West Laurel is not encouraged.)
- Where to get rid of unused paint? (See above.)
- What to do about yard debris? (Hint – your neighbor’s yard is big and the night is dark and long.)
- Where to get a building permit? (Or how to re-build your deck to comply with city rules.)
- What to do to be prepared? (No joke here, being prepared for natural disasters is too important.)