Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Had Enough Robocalls Yet?

I've had it with the candidate robocalls this election season.  I must get six calls a day.  Do the candidates really think that a robocall is going to make me vote for them?  They must have a pretty low opinion of us if they think a few dozen robocalls will change our minds.

"Gee, what a nice guy, I'll be sure to vote for that candidate."

So I've decided to fight back.  Click here for the robocall that I'm sending out to every candidate this season.  I'm fighting robocalls with my own robocalls.  This link goes to an mp3 file located here.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice!

no robo calls is one of the benefits of not having a land line and just using a mobile

Crowhill said...

Good recording. I don't like them either, but I'm not sure I'd vote for a candidate on that issue alone.

impromptublogger said...

Thank goodness for our answering machine!

David said...

Rick,

My landline has been out for 3 weeks (the DSL part worked... so I just was using my cell)... but the day I got my voice part of my landline fixed, the very first call I got in 3 weeks was from Sarah Palin... instead of hanging up, I stood there transfixed by the call... and the next day got 2 more poltical calls.

SO I considered myself lucky for "missing" my landline for 3 weeks....

Carol D said...

The sign proliferation, true eye pollution, is bad enough; junking up the mailbox is a nuisance; but these robocalls are annoying and disruptive,impacting the last refuge, my home. Enough with robocalls - they don't work, and certainly aren't worth the money the candidates shell out for them.

Rick - thanks for taking up this topic. It's been on the minds of all of us. Hope the candidates hear your call, and heed your message.

Rick Wilson said...

Thanks for the comments. I made the call and then left town. Who won?

Unknown said...

I also have a small but growing group on Facebook. "Stop Political Robocalls" Come and join the group.